- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 shallots (sliced)
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 red chili (chopped)
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 3 tablespoons chicken stock (or vegetable broth)
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce (or soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup cashews (roasted)
- 3 cups cooked rice (preferably a day old)
- 1 cup pineapple (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1 cup shrimp (cooked, optional)
- 1/4 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup currants (or raisins)
- 2 green onions (sliced)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Add the shallots, garlic, chillies and red pepper and stir-fry until fragrant, about a minute.
3. Add the egg and stir-fry for a minute.
4. Add the chicken stock, fish sauce, curry powder and sugar and stir-fry.
5. Add the cashews and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
6. Add the rice, break up any clumps and stir-fry for a few minutes.
7. Add the pineapple, shrimp, peas and raisins and stir-fry to mix them in.
8. Remove from heat and serve garnished with chopped green onions and cilantro.